The bamboo charcoal fiber use is an emerging trend in the fashion industry as manufacturers look to combine fashion with function.
The bamboo charcoal fabrics are made by heating bamboo fibers at high temperatures of 800-1000 degrees Celsius.
Once the bamboo has been turned into charcoal it is grinded into a very fine dark powder. Then the charcoal powder is blended with organic bamboo yarns and spin the blend into a bamboo charcoal yarn to create a textile with unique proprieties, such as softness, durability and breathability are enhanced with the use of nanotechnology.
Stretch Charcoal Bamboo Cotton Fleece Knit Fabric Wholesale
Fabric content: 50% bamboo charcoal 45% organic cotton 5% spandex
Weight: 280 GSM (grams per square meter); 1 yard weights approx 425 grams (approx 15 oz)
Width: 162 cm (63")
Sewing recommendations: ballpoint needle
Fabric Care: wash withlike colors in warm water. Do not use softener or bleach; preferably hang or flat dry.
This fabric might shrink. Please do your own testing prior to cutting, by washing in hot water and tumble dry.
Knitted on high performance machines from yarns certified Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX.
*Discounts* for our Organic Bamboo Charcoal Fleece Fabric
Stretch Charcoal fleece fabric recommended for:
This Bamboo Charcoal infused fleece fabric is a soft‚ cuddly and warm knit fabric commonly used for nappy making and clothing especially hoodies and baby wear.
This bamboo organic cotton fabric can be worn against the skin and is extra absorbent making it ideal for both cloth nappy liners and boosters.
The charcoal process improves the fabric performance, and it doesn't show stains. It is an excellent choice for cloth diapers inserts, liners, or flats, as well as blankets and anything else you need to stay warm and fresh.
Below are some good reasons why you should use our bamboo organic cotton charcoal knit fabric
- Gentle touch on sensitive skins – The charcoal fabric inhibits bacterial metabolism causing fewer allergic skin reactions than other fibers sterilized with antimicrobial agents.
- Amazing absorption and deodorizing abilities – When coupled with bamboo charcoal, the highly porous structure of the bamboo fabric, not only it absorbs moisture, but also absorbs chemicals and toxins from your skin and the air. The Yarn is filled with fine pore paths of various sizes inside, producing extremely wide surface area with super strong absorption ability to absorb the harmful chemical material in air and to eliminate odor and humidity.
- Extra Durability– This Bamboo charcoal knit is quick-drying and because the bamboo charcoal nano-particles embedded in the fabric rather than simply coated onto the surface, the fabric can be washed numerous times with no adverse effect on the charcoal qualities. It has an excellent water-resistance, natural long lasting durability.
- Moisture and Thermal Regulation– Bamboo Charcoal filled with various micro-gaps and micro-holes hence compared to other conventional fabric, it has better moisture absorption and ventilation. The fabric keeps you dry and comfortable on hot days. The highly porous nature of bamboo charcoal lets it act as an insulator against the cold while also retaining heat. It can mildly release infrared ray. With thermal effect, it's able to preserve heat for temperature maintenance, to strengthen the blood circulation at the ends of human body, to promote metabolism and to provide life cultivation and health promotion effect.
- Improves Your Health– The Bamboo Charcoal fiber contains potassium, calcium and other minerals, and the launch of negative ions is at a high level which is equivalent to the anion concentration of the outskirts, and this is beneficial for people’s health. An abundance of negative ions typically means that the air is fresher and cleaner. Negative ions occur naturally from evaporating water which could be the reason why you feel so great when you go to the ocean shore or visit a cascading waterfall. When Bamboo charcoal is blended with bamboo fibers, the negative ionic charge of bamboo charcoal attract odors and the excess moisture in the atmosphere, leaving you feeling refreshed after each use.
- Antimicrobial and Antibacterial Fabric– Bamboo Charcoal fiber effectively decomposes the micro-organisms attached to its surface and in the air around it. Bamboo has natural antibacterial qualities. This charcoal knit fabric has resistance to the development of mold and mildew. In addition to being antibacterial bamboo charcoal is also antimicrobial. Antimicrobial fabrics kill microorganisms that could be present on your skin.
We are thrilled to be able to offer you an exceptional fabric. Buy with confidence this wonderful fleece fabric, Canada and US shipping locations to get your best shipping rates.
Quality Standards – Stretch Charcoal Fleece Fabric, bulk
The quality of the fabrics is a key component of your business success. While your workmanship is essential to create amazing products, the raw materials are also important.
Our fabrics quality is backed by thousands of happy clients which left wonderful reviews on Etsy, Ebay and Amazon and even on our website, Kinderel Organic Fabrics.
They are produced on high efficiency knitting machines, using OEKO-Tex certified fibers and world class motors and needles (produced by Japanese or German manufacturers).
It is CPSIA and environmental compliant, meeting stringent standards by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission on lead and phthalates and flammability.
For 10 or 20 yards of charcoal fleece fabric we can’t guarantee flawless material, but we will add, if possible, an extra half yard for two defects or one testing hole (which is done for every bolt; industry requirements).
For full bolts, we open them to check if is the right material, we weight them to estimate if the yardage is correct. We buy the fabrics based on their weight.
Some rolls may contain sampling holes, for quality control tests, and the usable yardage is considered at least 95%. For the full bolts, the fabrics are professionally measured on equipment that slightly stretches the bolts of fabric, therefore there may be a +/- 5% variation comparing to the loose yardage measurements.
All natural fiber knits will shrink further, it is recommended to pre-wash whole yardage at the setting that your finished stitched item will be washed. Percentage shrink may differ from batch to batch.