What is bamboo?
Bamboo is basically a grass, which grows rapidly and naturally with little water and without pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers.
Bamboo improves soil quality and helps rebuild eroded soil. Bamboo plantations are large “photosynthesis factories” which reduce greenhouse gases, as emit 35% more oxygen than the equivalent stand of trees.
Is the process of making bamboo fabric sustainable?
Bamboo fiber is a kind of regenerated cellulose fiber, which is produced from raw materials of bamboo pulp. Bamboo pulp is refined from bamboo through a process of hydrolysis-alkalization, followed by transformation into bamboo fiber. The process of making bamboo fiber uses fewer chemicals that harm the environment. Bamboo fiber spins into fabrics. Due to the fact that the bamboo plant goes through a complex manufacturing process, the fabric is officially named as viscose, or rayon.
We prefer the blend of bamboo with organic cotton, for addend strength and durability. Bamboo clothing is 100% biodegradable.
What is Oeko-Tex Standard 100?
The Stabdard-100 of Oeko-Tex is an international testing and certification system for textiles, limiting the use of certain chemicals. Specifically, this is used for bay products.
The Oeko-Tex label is a recognized benchmark for the consumer and also serves as an additional quality assurance tool for the manufacturer. The concept has become established as a safety standard throughout the textile manufacturing chain and enables checks to be made for any harmful substances at each stage in the production process.
The test samples are tested by the independent Oeko-Tex institutes for:
- pH-value, formaldehyde, pesticides, lead,
- chlorinated organic carriers and preservatives,
- MAC amines in azo dyestuffs and allergy-inducing dyestuffs
- flame retardants and biocidic
If all components of a textile comply with the requirements of the Oeko-Tex –Standard 100 criteria catalogue without exception, the manufacturer receives certification and is entitled to use the Oeko-Tex label to mark their products.
Are there any other testing done for the fabrics?
Yes, our fabrics were inspected by Control Union/GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) and were confirmed compliant.
Why bamboo fabric?
- A pleasure to wear it: incredibly soft, highly absorbent, “wicks” moisture away from the skin;
- Antibacterial, even through multiple washings due to the bacteriostatic agent called “bamboo kun”;
- Easing the itchiness of skin allergies, sensitivities or eczema, through the round fiber
- Acts as an insulator, keeping warmer in cool weather and cooler in the heat
- UV protective, meaning that the sun won’t damage your skin
- Fully biodegradable.
You can contact us anytime for more info at email@example.com